Saturday, October 31, 2009

taco casserole

The first time I ever made this recipe was in my home economics class in 7th grade. I took the recipe home to my family and it was a big hit. Now I make it for my family, and my hubby is especially a big fan. It's so, so simple.

ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion
8 oz cheddar or mexican blend cheese
8 oz sour cream
1/2 package taco seasoning
1 can tomato soup (soup, not sauce.)
tortilla chips

directions:

1. preheat oven to 350.
2. brown meat and onion in a skillet. drain.
3. add tomato soup and taco seasoning to the meat. let simmer about 5 minutes.
4. pour meat mixture into greased 8x8 or round casserole dish.
5. top evenly with sour cream.
6. top with cheese.
7. bake until bubbly and cheese is melted.
8. serve with tortilla chips, rice and beans (optional) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment