homemade spaghetti sauce (recipe here)
any kind of pasta (I used angel hair)
1 or 2 cans diced tomatoes (I used italian style)
bell pepper (any color you want)
1. make homemade sauce (or really, any sauce you want) and let simmer for an hour. add in the can or two of diced tomatoes.
2. boil your pasta according to directions. set aside.
3. in a medium saucepan, add about 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. let it get hot before throwing in the veggies.
4. dice up veggies, and add them to the pan. stir around until they are golden brown and soft. add salt and pepper, and the minced garlic about a minute before you remove the veggies from the heat. (you don't want the garlic to burn.)
5. pour the cooked veggies directly into the sauce and continue to let simmer for another 10-15 min.
6. the sauce is ready! serve it over your pasta with a little parmesan cheese. enjoy!