Friday, July 16, 2010

roasted potatoes and carrots

This isn't so much a recipe... just an idea for a fabulous side. I am not kidding when I say I could eat these for every meal of the day. I am currently eating the leftovers for lunch as I type.

ingredients:

small red potatoes, chopped
carrots (i use whole), chopped
1 onion, chopped
olive oil
salt and pepper
your favorite herb(s)

directions:

Chop all veggies to make them bite-size. In a large bowl, toss with a little olive oil (It depends on how many veggies you are roasting, but to make enough for our family I used about 1/4 cup oil). Add spices... as much as you like! Rosemary, garlic, thyme... the possibilities are endless. Bake at 375 in a dish covered with foil, for at least an hour. The longer, the better. The veggies get soft and caramelized... OH so scrumptious. And healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment