Monday, March 21, 2011

hearty sausage and rice casserole

I found a recipe for this dish online, but didn't have all the ingredients it called for. So, I made up my own using the recipe I found as a guide. I am in love with this!

ingredients:

1/2 box rice (any kind)
1 pound bulk sausage (I used turkey sausage)
1 (8oz) box sliced fresh mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
garlic salt, onion powder, dried parsley, salt & pepper to taste

directions:

1. in a large skillet, brown sausage very well. drain off any grease.
2. add mushrooms, celery, pepper, an onion, and continue to cook with the sausage until veggies are tender. add seasonings to your taste.
3. in a very large bowl, add soup, broth, cheese, and uncooked rice. stir in the sausage and veggie mixture, combine well.
4. bake covered at 375 for 1 hour if you are using a 9x13, and for 30-35 minutes for 2 8x8's. Or, bake until bubbly and rice is done.
5. stir the mixture before serving. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment